Senior Business Analyst
Location: Swarthmore, PA
Business Strategic Summary:
We are an innovation-driven lending integration platform which has built a rapidly growing ecosystem among Lending Systems, Financial Institutions, and Merchants. Our goal is to sustain 300% revenue growth every year for the next three years. We will continue to invest in APIs to connect LOS platforms and data analytics into a long-term differentiation in the market.
The Senior Business Analyst will assist the product manager with matters related to product-development and support. Responsibilities include understanding both client and market driven business drivers, requirements gathering, analysis and functional design related to product enhancements and fixes, assisting implementation and support teams with product related questions and tasks. The ideal candidate for this position will possess an understanding of consumer lending as well as the tasks associated with converting business needs into software product solutions.
- Elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they lenders, merchants, vendor partners or internal LoanStar staff.
- Collaborate with project sponsors and product management to determine project scope and vision. Have a clear understanding of scope inclusions and exclusions.
- Perform product development analysis and design tasks to meet defined business drivers and solve business problems.
- Work closely with product manager, system architecture and development personnel to consider existing product workflow and structure to maintain a seamless and consistent product offering.
- Function as subject matter expert on software product and consumer lending matters
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to clients (when applicable) developers, QA personnel and/or the project team.
- Maintain LoanStar APIs so they are up to date and thoroughly documented
- Collaborate with QA personnel to ensure that testing scope provides sufficient coverage to validate release content.
- Provide support to implementation and client support teams, as needed
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent analytical and creative critical thinking skills
- Understanding of consumer lending required
- Understanding of software system interfaces
- Understanding of software lifecycles and methodologies
- Able to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal team members, vendor partners and client personnel of all levels
- Logical and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis
- Project management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong collaborative attitude
- Familiarity with lending regulatory compliance a plus
- College diploma/university degree or equivalent experience
About LoanStar Technologies:
Based in the greater Philadelphia area, LoanStar works with lenders of all sizes to design, deploy and power instant indirect consumer lending at the point-of-sale. LoanStar works with lenders to diversify their consumer loan origination strategies. Providing program consulting, market-leading software, and merchant aggregation, LoanStar helps lenders of every size leverage the power of their local brand. LoanStar has developed the MerchantLinQ platform that enables lenders of all sizes to deploy instant point-of-sale finance through their local merchants.